Deyor Camps is a direct to consumer, experiential and adventure travel company with its focus on long day experiences and multi-day tours. It aims to cater to the ever-growing demand for offbeat travel among the millennials in India. The company aims to solve the following problems-
- Technology Hindrance - Traditionally, multi-day tours have been sold face to face. With the introduction of technology, we have built a robust system which reduces the need for these interactions and bookings are made online seamlessly with presence of more information, content etc.
- Fragmented Industry - Vendors offering such experiences today are limited by scale as they’re operating in their own regions only. Our presence resolves this issue because we are one company present across multiple regions which solves the issue and organises this space for both customers and vendors.
- No Experience Guarantee - As a customer living in India and booking with a local operator in China will always be a difficult task. One would not have any guarantee of the kind of experience to expect. Hence, trusting a local homegrown brand will always play a key factor in customer purchase decision.
- Lack of trust for payments etc. - Making a payment to a local vendor across international borders using means like PayPal etc. can be very expensive. Apart from the expense, there is no guarantee of the vendor from the other side honoring the booking post the payment. Such issues are easily tackled with a presence of a home grown brand.
Looking to raise USD 300,000
|2. Product Expansion
|4. Technology & Content
The funds would be used for the following areas-
- Marketing - We reach all our potential travelers through various digital and social media platforms. Currently, we are spending a lot less on digital mediums than what we would like. We are only reaching out to a selected few states within India. We would like to allocate these funds primarily towards marketing and increase our outreach.
- Product Expansion - We would also use these funds to venture deeper into international markets. We would like to expand to newer locations in SE Asia and also go deeper into the existing locations and design new products and experiences that we are already receiving huge demand for.
- Team - We have been very conservative and selective with hiring new talent in our company. We would like to use a part of these funds and add to what already is a very strong team, and increase output and efficiency on all fronts.
- Technology - Our technology is good enough to handle the business expectations for the next 12 months. However, we need to start investing in the next phase of technology and start building A.I and mobile applications to further retain customers.
- Content - As a vision of building a brand in this new segment, we realised that content is going to be key. As a matter of fact, 50% of our customers say they made their final purchase decision after seeing our focus on content based sales. We’d like to add more content across each location as and when we add them.(YouTube Link #DeyorCamps)
Offer: Raising USD 300,000 for an equity stake of ~6.5% at a Post-Money Valuation of ~$4.6 Million (appx.)
Deyor Camps is addressing the last frontier of the travel industry i.e, the experiential travel industry. Currently our average invoice value is INR 1.20 lacs with an average gross margin of 30% and average CAC of INR 2,800 per customer. The addressable market size for the regions we currently operate in is an estimated $2 Billion currently. The global addressable market size is $55 Billion currently.
Currently, we are present in 5 countries in the APAC region with a primary focus on selected regions within India which include Ladakh, Andamans, Spiti valley, Northeast parts of India. Other countries where we are providing these experiences are Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia. Our focus is to grow and reach out to other parts of South-east Asia and become the largest brand for multi-day tours in the APAC region.
We’ve been rewarded: (Listing a few below)
- Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia, 2019
- Business World (BW) Entrepreneur of the Year 2018
- Asia One Emerging Travel Brands 2018
- Top 50 Startups in India presented by Facebook 2018